EPIC - Educational Program Improvement Council
by Ed Schmidt
EPIC Chairpersons- Connie Hartman & Jen Ibarra
Putnam County School District #535
Educational Program Improvement Council-Mission Statement
The Educational Program Improvement Council will strive to increase student achievement by using data to assess, implement, evaluate, and revise the curriculum of Putnam County School District #535 to ensure all students will learn and succeed.
EPIC Council Members, Committee Members and Chairpersons
EPIC Chairperson- Connie Hartman & Jen Ibarra
Special Education Representative- Gene Randolph
Primary Principal- Ronda Cross
Primary Representative- Nancy Berger
P.C.E.A. Representative- Janice Hoffman
Elementary Principal- Mike Olson
Elementary Representative- Mary Henderson
Junior High Principal- Carl Carlson
Junior High Representative- Jennifer Dudek
High School Principal- Bob Peterson
High School Representative- Judy Gedraitis
Technology Representative- Ed Schmidt
Fine Arts-Chair- Natalie Hulstrom, Vanessa Gosselin, Carol Eckwall, and David Lombardo
Language Arts-Chair- Annette Davis, Amy Darrah, Judy Gedraitis, Rebecca Johnson, Mary Henderson, and Ronda Vacca
Mathematics-Chair- Chuck McConnell, Becky Boudreau, Diane Holmbeck, and Lori Miller
Physical Education/Health- Chair- Marie Taylor, James Barnett, Josh Nauman, and Debbie Shevokas
Science- Chair- Andrea Winter, Jennifer Dudek, Amy Schultz, and Katie Sobkwiak
Social Science- Chair- Cory Meyer, Jess Lenkaitis, Josie Hall, and Anita Ladage
Special Education- Chair- Jody Goetz, Gene Randolph, Cindy Colmone, Janice Ossala, and Monica McGill
PC Wellnes- Chair- Tricia Both, Steve Johnson, Debbie Ward
Technology- Chair- Ed Schmidt, Annette Davis, David Lombardo, Debbie Ward, Ashley Bush
Putnam County Community Unit District No. 535
EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM IMPROVEMENT COUNCIL
EPIC PROJECT PROCEDURES
If you or a group of educators have any additions to you curriculum that will enhance the education of our students, the EPIC Council requests that an EPIC Packet be completed and submitted. This way the EPIC Council will be made aware of any changes to the curriculum, and more importantly to help support every teacher in improving the education of all Putnam County students. Please follow the procedures so that your project can be submitted and given the proper support.
1. Fill out a GOAL REQUEST form for a goal or educational improvement that you feel needs attention.
2. Give the completed GOAL REQUEST form to your building principal or EPIC
3. The Goal committee chairperson may be asked to attend the next EPIC meeting, at
which time the request will be considered.
4. Upon preliminary approval by EPIC, the Goal Committee Chairperson will be given
an EPIC packet.
5. An EPIC packet contains a PROJECT APPLICATION form and a PROJECT BUDGET form. Complete these forms and give them to your building principal or EPIC representative before proceeding further. This will ensure that your project is fully support with all the necessary resources.
6. Implement your project. If you need any support or resources, please do not hesitate to ask any EPIC Member.
7. Once your project has been completed, you will be asked to submit a COMMITTEE REPORT. This will help both your committee and the EPIC Council to evaluate your project for any improvements in the future.
8. You will also complete a REQUEST FOR TIME SHEET. This will ensure that the proper compensation and financial cost have been taken care of.
If at any time you have questions, concerns, or comments about the process, please do not hesitate to contact your building representative, building principal, or Mike Olson (EPIC Chairperson). Thank-you for all you do for our students.
|Download Document as a Word File||View Document as a WebPage|
|EPIC Introduction||EPIC Introduction|
|PROJECT APPLICATION||PROJECT APPLICATION|
|PROJECT BUDGET||PROJECT BUDGET|
|COMMITTEE REPORT||COMMITTEE REPORT|
|GOAL REQUEST||GOAL REQUEST|
|REQUEST FOR TIME||REQUEST FOR TIME|